Sunday, August 2, 2009

Big Lies!

These days Internet is one of the well known and the most important source for news. People buy less newspapers these days while they can go through all the news by using their laptops. But not everyone are aware of the big lies in the Internet, they simply believe what they see or what they read. For example in the past few weeks not all the news from Iran are entirely true, but I have seen so many of my friends believe the news that they hear or trust the emails that they receive every days about the present situation in Iran. The other example is Wikipedia, the website that most of us are using it for collecting data, but we are not aware that not all of these information are true, this is one of the websites that everyone can add new posts, so imagine the big lies that we trust and believe everyday !

2 comments:

  1. You mentioned a very good point about Wikipedia. I totally agree with you. When I first found this website I really didn't know about this fact for the 1st few months.Unfortunately I still see some people who are not aware of this and keep Wikipedia as one of their reliable sources of information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are right. Actually for long time I've been in a darkness. I totally though Wikipedia is reliable and I used it as an information source. Now think about the time someone else use my four our hundred hand information as a source. It’ll be a ridiculous situation. But it is exactly what we do right now unconsciously. We easily believe everything on the internet.

    ReplyDelete