Sunday, September 6, 2009

I will give you money and you will place my product into your movie.

In my opinion product placement is not as troublesome as what critics say. When the viewers don't even realize that they are watching a commercial, that product placement has been the smartest idea in advertising ever. Companies don't need to show their products directly to the viewer, but they use short parts of the film to present them instead e.g. their car, mobile phone etc. Usually today it's only up to which company can offer the most money to the producers of the film to get show their goods 'placed' in the movie.

There are many annoying things in this world. I don't like paying bills, I don't like getting out of my bed in the morning, and I don't like being interrupted by advertisements while watching television. However, on the other hand I must admit that television must have some source of money for it to exist and I really like the idea (I mean that I really admire the person who thought of it) to put advertising directly in films. Because it is mostly unnoticed at first sight and it isn't as annoying as traditional ads.

However I hate films where this advertising is obvious. In some movie the product placement is starring to viewers and to many times showing is bothering us, this will be the producers' job to manage and put them in right place and don’t sacrifice the movie by product placement.

There are some products placements in the ISLAND movie and it's not the obvious annoying Ads. in this movie.




2 comments:

  1. you mentioned that product placement is not bad until it becomes annoying. I think this kind of ads are annoying themselves. these kinds of ads are specially for those rich companies which can pay their ads, how about those local or maybe internationals which don't have the oppurtunity. this kind of ads make rich companies richer, and make poor the poorers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are living in 21st century. Companies are not care we like, or we don’t like but advertising in everywhere. As long as product placement is not battering us in the media such as TV programs or movies, is much better than other way of advertising the product. It's all media producer's job to use product placement in good place of movie and don’t sacrifice audience by this kind of advertising method.

    ReplyDelete